To All Basketball Fans and Community Living Supporters
The Wellington Basketball Club has chosen CLGW as their charity of choice for this Family Day (Feb 20, 2017), Telethon fundraiser.
The Family Day game is taking place at the University of Guelph (W.F. Mitchell Athletics Club), Monday February 20, 1:00pm to 3:00pm. Wellington vs Durham To buy tickets please follow the link: www.cblticketsales.com
Your support is greatly appreciated!
And In Addition
The Wellington Basketball Club has also designated $4.00 per ticket sold for their regular games to be donated to CLGW.
Use PROMO code: ARC
For ticket sales follow the link: www.cblticketsales.com
Please follow the link http://www.clgw.ca/blog/2017/02/15/wellington-basketball-club/ to see the game schedule.
Please be advised that there has been a recent petition circulating regarding Community Living Guelph Wellington (CLGW) and Community Living Dufferin (CLD). As an agency, we want to confirm that this is a CUPE union led initiative and not an agency led initiative in any way.
CLGW wants to clarify a couple of points included in the union petition:
- In addition to service expansion over the past several years, CLGW received an addition to base funding in 2014-15 in the amount of $793,641. This base funding increase was provided to … “support the continued professionalization of developmental services and to support an increase in the salaries and wages of MCSS funded adult developmental services front line workers…” This resulted in a 4% increase in staff compensation (salaries plus benefits)
- In 2013 CLGW reduced agency-wide service hours by 4,680 per year to assist with our statutory financial obligations. There were no staff lay-offs as a result of this reduction in hours and no substantial reduction in service to clients
Please feel free to contact Laura Hanley, Executive Director at 226-314-0830 if you have any questions.
Employer Engagement Breakfast7:00 amDelta Hotel Guelph Conference Centre, 50 Stone Road West
Employer Engagement Breakfast
Please Join Us!
March 8, 2017 from 7am-9am
Delta Hotel Guelph Conference Centre, 50 Stone Road West
Meet local businesses who are hiring persons with disabilities
- Guest speakers from the Chamber of Commerce and other Guelph and area businesses
- Learn strategies to attract and diversify your workforce
- Discussions and panel forums to get your questions answered
$10 to attend for a hot breakfast and great information!
Please register at: http://www.clgw.ca/employer-engagement-breakfast/
For more information please call Sue at: 226-971-0818
The latest edition of Community of Hearts’ newsletter can be found by clicking here.
Updates include the Weekend Warriors program (go camping!), movie nights, and the 2nd Annual COH Golf Tournament.
Guelph Storm7:30 pmSleeman Centre, Guelph
$17.50 per ticket—the lowest price you can get!
March 3 @ 7:30pm—Guelph Storm vs SSM Greyhounds
March 12 @ 2:00pm—Guelph Storm vs London Knights
March 17 @ 7:30pm—Guelph Storm vs Sarnia Sting
**games held at Sleeman Centre, Guelph**
Come enjoy a local hockey game with family and friends while supporting a great cause! Support Family Counselling & Support Services for Guelph Wellington by purchasing tickets to GUELPH STORM hockey games!
Reserve your tickets!!
Call us to reserve your tickets 519-824-2431 ext 23 Or
Email Cheryl at email@example.com
Housing Feedback10:00am-noonCLGW, 8 Royal Road - Cafeteria
Ministry of Community and Social Services wants your feedback on housing!
In follow up to the November 30th Developmental Services Housing Forum Webcast Session held simultaneously in Toronto, Chatham, Ottawa, Orangeville and Thunder Bay, Community Living Guelph Wellington wants to host a meeting to gather and provide feedback to the Ministry. There are a lot of great and innovative ideas floating around our communities – let’s let the Ministry hear more about them!
Come to a meeting:
- Saturday January 21, 2017
- From 10am – 12 noon
- At CLGW, 8 Royal Road, Guelph
- View the Webcast from November 30th
- Participate in a roundtable discussion on 3 key questions that the Ministry is asking – feedback will be summarized and sent to MCSS by January 25/17
PLEASE RSVP NO LATER THAN JANUARY 18TH DUE TO SPACE NEEDS:
RSVP to: Fern Donaldson – firstname.lastname@example.org or
call and leave a message at 226-314-0829
Can’t attend the meeting? Feel free to watch the webcast and answer the questions by clicking on the following link: http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/developmental/forum/index.aspx
“In follow up to our communication in December 2016 we want to remind folks of our information meeting on Thursday January 12th at 6:30pm at the ARC Cafeteria (8 Royal Road, Guelph) to hear from John Policicchio, Executive Director from Community Living Algoma about their journey of transformation. Hope to see you all there!”
Family Information Session6:30 pmARC Industries (Cafeteria), 8 Royal Rd, Guelph
We have invited John Policicchio, Executive Director from Community Living Algoma, to come and meet with several of our staff regarding their journey of transformation. He has also agreed to be available for a Family Information Session on January 12, 2017 at 6:30pm at the ARC Cafeteria - so please plan to attend!